Unfortunately, some separation and divorces involve domestic violence issues, criminal charges, and other similar high conflict circumstances.

So you may need to involve law enforcement such as the Police or RCMP and obtain a Court Order for protection. 

It is important to choose the right type of Protection Order. 

The law offers: Restraining Orders, Mutual Restraining Orders, Emergency Protection Orders, No Contact Orders and Queen’s Bench Protection Orders. 

A good idea is to get some legal advice before you apply for one of these Protection Orders. 

If you have an emergency situation, call the EPOP team at (780) 422-9222. 

EPOP can assist you in obtaining an Emergency Protection Order (“EPO”).  Your local Police and RCMP attachment can also assist you in obtaining an EPO.

When in doubt, just book a consultation here and I would be happy to answer your questions. There is a fee for this consultation.